Tweets appeared on the official Twitter page of the 30-year-old rapper today reassuring fans of his improving health.
“I’m feeling a lot better and again thk u all for ur love and prayers. It was truly felt…pause,” the tweet said. He also shared that he was watching “Highly Questionable” on ESPN 2 earlier today.
Weezy was hospitalized last Tuesday after suffering multiple seizures.
Late last night, Mack Maine, the president of Lil Wayne’s record label, wrote on Twitter that his close friend and business partner had been discharged from his Los Angeles hospital after a nearly weeklong stay and was headed home.
Shortly thereafter, Birdman — Lil Wayne’s industry mentor and father figure tweeted, “God Bless.my son just release frm hospital.thanks 4 all tha luv.”
Birdman also called into New York radio station Hot 97 Monday to refute accusations made by TMZ that Lil Wayne’s health scare was due to a codeine binge. Birdman said Lil Wayne’s seizures had nothing to do with drugs and attributed it instead to the rapper’s work ethic.
“To me, it’s how he works. He works around the clock,” Birdman said. “He’s just a hard grinder for this music. But it wasn’t nothing about no drugs.”
Birdman said he was with Lil Wayne at the time of his seizure last week, as they were preparing to head to a music video shoot. He also said he knew from prior experience to just lay Lil Wayne down and call 911.
Optimistic of the situation, Birdman told Hot 97, Lil Wayne “just needs to get some rest and relax. He’ll be back normal like anybody else.”
Lil Wayne is scheduled to release his tenth studio album, “I Am Not a Human Being II,” next week.