Suge Knight rushed to hospital after pleading ‘not guilty’

Suge Knight was rushed to the hospital after appearing in Los Angeles County Superior Court Tuesday.


“He was transported to a local hospital at 9:45 this morning for a medical emergency,” Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson Nicole Nishida confirms to USA TODAY. According to the AP, Knight complained of chest pains.

Meanwhile, shots were heard several blocks away from the courthouse, though a call reporting sounds of gunfire was not received until 10:12 a.m. “It had nothing to do with the courthouse,” said Nishida.

Knight pleaded not guilty earlier Tuesday to murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run charges during a brief court appearance.

If convicted Knight faces up to life in state prison.

Authorities allege Knight killed one man, Terry Carter, 55, and injured another, Cle “Bone” Sloan, 51, with his pickup truck on Thursday near a film set in Compton, and then fled the scene.

The collision followed a fight involving Knight and at least one of the men he struck in a restaurant parking lot, the district attorney’s statement said.

Knight, who has a history of convictions and run-ins with the law, was out on bail in a separate robbery case at the time.

In November, he pleaded not guilty to a robbery charge filed after a celebrity photographer accused him of stealing her camera in Beverly Hills. Because of prior convictions, he could face up to 30 years in prison in that case.

The new complaint against him includes use of a deadly weapon and causing great bodily injury allegations.

Also, because Knight has prior convictions, this case would be a third strike against him if he is convicted, automatically increasing the sentence under California law.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department continues to investigate the case, reviewing video of the crime scene.

Knight’s lawyer, James Blatt, has said Knight accidentally ran over the men as he tried to escape a vicious attack through the truck window. He says Knight was attacked by four people, including Sloan, and that Knight hit the gas and fled in fear.

Earlier, Knight’s initial bail of $2 million was revoked after a court commissioner agreed with detectives who said the 49-year-old founder of Death Row Records was a potential flight risk and could intimidate witnesses, according Nishida.

At 6-foot-4-inches and weighing 325 pounds, Knight is an imposing figure. He was at the center of one of the most notorious rap conflicts of the 1990s, pitting Tupac Shakuragainst Biggie Smalls in an East Coast-West Coast rivalry.

Knight was sent to prison for nearly five years for badly beating a rival with Shakur at aLas Vegas hotel, just hours before Shakur was fatally shot while riding in Knight’s car just east of the Strip.

This latest incident comes less than six months after Knight was shot six times at a West Hollywood nightclub in August — the second shooting he has survived. No arrests have been made in that case.

All of a sudden Suge wants to play sick?? Hmmmmm… Seem’s alittle suspect to us! We hope he’s OK!

Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s